SPECIAL NEEDS PLANNING
BEST SPECIAL NEEDS PLANNING IN ORANGE COUNTY, CA
What is Special Needs Planning?How you see special needs planning determines how it is defined. When seen from the standpoint of government benefits, special needs planning is the process of being familiar with available resources at the federal and state level for individuals with certain disabilities. It also includes the process of encouraging families to contact officials at these levels to ensure better programs and more funding.
At the family level, it is the process of planning for disabled dependents over two generations. This means special needs planning takes care of dependents with disabilities until the death of their parents and themselves. To oversee this process and ensure that everything is well and in place, you need the services of the best special needs planning attorney.
Who Is the Right Candidate for Special Needs Planning?
There is no specific beneficiary of special needs planning as it is a broad process that covers individuals with specific disabilities. These disabilities range from mental, physical, and psychological disabilities. It also includes individuals with certain medical conditions like autism, learning difficulties, behavioral disabilities.
A special needs trust and planning may be created for anyone who falls in any of the categories listed above. While this planning process is sometimes initiated and sustained by the state, families can play a role too.
What You Should Do After You Get Your Special Needs Planning?
A special needs plan is the first step to take in what seems to be a rather complicated process. To perfect the plan and make its provision accessible to beneficiaries, there are certain things to be done.
- Allocate funds to a discretionary special needs trust: If there is a special needs plan in place for individuals with disabilities, it is always best to follow up that plan with a special needs trust. With this trust created, it is easy for the child listed to benefit without any kind of interference.
- Consider potential needs of descendants: When dividing your assets among your children especially when there is a disabled one included, exercise a lot of care. There is no hard rule that says assets should be divided equally. It is always best to take into consideration the peculiarities of each child, most especially those with certain disabilities.
- Allocation of Estate Taxes Should be discussed: Taxes attributable to trust in your estate should be charged against that trust. This way, you can reduce the portion of estate taxes to be paid by children with disabilities. Failure to discuss and consider this can reduce funds made available for kids with disabilities.
Why You Should Choose Kate Kelso?
When it comes to special needs planning for children with disabilities, you need the best special needs planning attorney Orange County, CA – Kate Kelso. There are several many reasons why you should choose Kate, but some of them are:
- She helps the family analyze the circle of support to be made available for the child when the parents are dead.
- She can help appoint appropriate trustees to oversee the disbursement of funds from the special needs trust.
- She has a good relationship with care managers and other service providers that can help facilitate the process.
Coming up with a comprehensive special-needs plan may seem difficult at first, but it is the best way to secure financial and social stability for your disabled loved ones. To ensure that the process is perfect, you need the services of the best special needs planning attorney.